They’re beautiful. They’re functional. They’re a piece of American history. It’s the twenty-first century, but the popularity of making and collecting quilts continues to spread throughout the U.S. and abroad. In fact, the Alliance for American Quilts, a non-profit organization dedicated to the art and community of quilting, estimates that there are 20 million Americans involved in some way with quilting.
Why do we love quilting? What makes this particular art so appealing to collectors, artists, and crafters?
In the Trusty Guide to Quilting, you will learn:
- What makes a quilt a quilt
- How to get started if you want to take up quilting:
- Great beginning patterns
- Choice of techniques (hand and machine)
- Instructions for assembling tops, and putting it all together
- Where to find expert sources and resources for all your quilting needs:
- Great resources for Supplies
- Quilting Organizations
- Experts, Appraisers, Collecting Resources.
Read on to find out more about this remarkable art form.